Welcome to the SLO County 3rd Annual SLO County Gang and Youth Violence Prevention website!
We are excited to announce our keynote speakers for the 3rd Gang and Youth Violence Prevention Conference: Professor Al Valdez, UC Irvine Professor and author of A Community’s Response to Street Gangs.
Azim Khamsia is a speaker and author of three books, the latest being “The Secrets of a Bulletproof Spirit : How to Bounce Back from Life’s Hardest Hits”
The conference will be a great opportunity for local professionals to learn about current gang trends in San Luis Obispo County and about the various efforts to fight gang and youth violence using prevention, intervention, suppression and re-entry strategies.
We are also putting together a resource list for services involving gang prevention, rehabilitation, treatment and re-entry. If you are interested in adding your services, please go to the List Your Services page.
Lastly, feel free to invite other fellow professionals.
We hope you enjoy the training!
San Luis Obispo Anti-Gang Coordinating Commission
Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention – Selected Gang Resources from website.
Download Directions (for PC):
right-click on the link, left-click on “Save link as…”, select the location and name for the file, and finally left-click the “Save” button;
left-click the link, then right-click on the document after it’s fully shown, click “Save as…”, select location and name for the file, and finally left-click the “Save” button.
- Parents’ Guide to Gangs -English (2 pgs)
- Parents’ Guide to Gangs – Spanish (2 pgs)
- The Impact of Gangs on the Community (9 pgs)
- Preventing Adolescent Gang Involvement (12 pgs)
- The End of the Line: California Gangs and the Promise of Street Peace by Luis Rodriguez (12 pages)
- Pandillas:_Una_Respuesta_Comunitaria 1 of 3 (18 pgs)
- Pandillas:_Una_Respuesta_Comunitaria_2 of 3 (20 pgs)
- Pandillas:_Una_Respuesta_Comunitaria_3 of 3 (24 pgs)
- History of Street Gangs (25 pgs)
- Quick Guide to Gangs (39 pgs)
- Comprehensive Gang Prevention Model OJJDP (71 pgs)
- Homeboy Mental Health Power Point Presentation
Resources from Homeboy Industries Mental Health:
The information above was added by the Anti-Gang Training Planning Committee, however the information below is generated automatically by WordPress and cannot be removed. Feel free to click on the links at your own risk.